The success of any digital marketing campaign rests on how well you can diversify your campaign. Many businesses make the mistake of opting for pushing all their resources and efforts in one direction. It is never wise to put all your eggs in the same basket. You have to explore the most lucrative youtube advertising options to stay ahead of the competition and increase your footprint in this competitive digital landscape.
In this context we must ask you a simple question – have you started advertising on YouTube? Though you may be spending thousands of dollars every month on Search Engine Optimization and Pay Per Click Marketing, without YouTube advertising in the mix, you are missing out! Before we break it down for you, let us look at some of the most interesting YouTube Advertisement Stats.
Interesting YouTube Advertising Stats
- YouTube is the second most visited and largest search engine in the world after Google (Well, it’s owned by Google)
- More than 5 billion videos are watched every day on YouTube
- There are more than 2 billion monthly active users on YouTube
- An active user spends more than 17 minutes on YouTube everyday
- YouTube is used in more than 80 languages around the world
- 40% of shoppers buy products after discovering them on YouTube
- 71% of B2B marketers are using YouTube advertising
- More than 70% of YouTube content is viewed on mobile devices
These aren’t mere numbers but testimony on the importance of YouTube as an advertising platform for marketers. With increased internet connectivity and faster bandwidths around the world, this video and content creation platform has emerged as one of the most lucrative engines for online advertising. The stats above clearly sum up the power and reach of the platform globally and your marketing campaign can leverage this to increase brand recognition, sales, and revenues. If you still need more convincing on the importance of YouTube advertising, please read on.
YouTube is Low-Cost/Zero-Cost Marketing Medium
YouTube is one of the most cost-effective mediums for advertising and it allows you to market your products and services without any recurring costs. You can create product demos, tutorials, or a commercial then upload it to your channel and the same would appear on your subscriber’s feed and in the organic search results. That could help increase product and brand exposure without any recurring costs. This is one of the easiest and cheapest ways for small and medium businesses to reach out to their target audience.
Enjoy Fast Results with YouTube Advertising
Paid advertising is known for offering fast results and as a brand that has already invested in PPC, you’d surely have first-hand experience on how the results start flowing in immediately. But YouTube can take this experience to a whole new level. Thanks to the more than 2 billion monthly active users it has. Once you have set up your campaign on YouTube you can start seeing the results within hours of your campaign going live which isn’t always the case with normal PPC marketing campaigns.
YouTube Advertising Allows Better Targeting
If you have been spending money on PPC marketing, you are aware of the fundamentals of this marketing strategy where you can make the best use of your budget and pay only when your ad is played or clicked by the user. YouTube advertising is similar while at the same time being more targeted. As you’d know the success of any marketing campaign rests on how well your brand can reach the intended audience. YouTube offers you not only the widest reach but granular marketing capability. You can reach out to users based on several traits and these include:
- Audience Demographics – You can target users based on their age, gender, location, languages they speak, parental status,etc. allowing for highly targeted ad campaigns.
- Audience Interest – Unlike Google or other search engines, it is easy to distinguish users on YouTube based on their interests. If you are marketing a health supplement your ads can be targeted on videos that talk of health, fitness, exercising, etc.
- Audience Similarity – Similar audience filtration on YouTube allows you to run ads in front of the audience who have shown interest in similar ads in the past.
- Topic Interest – There are thousands of topic-specific channels on YouTube, and this allows better targeting of audiences. You can promote your ads on channels that are likely to be visited by your target audience.
- Audience Affinity– This form of targeting is based upon the concept of placing ads in front of an audience who hasan interest in the kind of products and services your brand has on offer.
- In-Market Audience – YouTube ads are a great means for in-market audience targeting. This applies to potential customers who are searching for products or services that your brand offers.
- Multi-Device Reach – YouTube is a multi-device marketing medium with users accessing the platform on desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets, and television. This offers you the widest reach for any digital marketing medium you can think of
YouTube Advertising Allow Better Engagement
Recall the last five things that you bought upon seeing their ads and chances are on most occasions you may have made up your buying decisions after watching a video commercial, product unboxing, or a demo. This is the true power of an audio-visual medium that print or other digital mediums can’t match. Most of us feel connected to a brand or a product after seeing their videos as videos offer us first-hand experience of the product, how it can better our lifestyle, how it can solve problems, and most importantly add value to our lives. No image or detailed product review can engage the users in the same way as these video ads.
Measure The Success of Ad Campaign
It is the numbers and the KPIs that are the ultimate things that matter to businesses and their marketers. Irrespective of the medium you choose for advertising you should be able to measure the success of the campaign. Coming from Google’s stable, YouTube offers you the most advanced Analytics tool that offers you deep insights into the performance of your content and ads. You will be able to track everything from the demography of the users to the time spent on the ad. The advanced options offer you complete control over ad spending, budget, costs, etc. to let you optimize the campaign for the best results.
Realtime Reporting on Ad Campaigns
Continuing with our earlier point on measurable results and KPIs, YouTube also offers you the advantage of real-time reporting. While you may not always need real-time reports on the performance of your ad campaigns this is a bonus when you are advertising in peak holiday and sale season where brands are continuously jostling for eyeballs and interactions from their target audience. For example, if your business generates maximum sales and revenue during the July 4 holiday sales, a minute-by-minute update on the progress of your campaign would be a huge boost to your business.
Are you ready to give all this a miss? Is your brand still willing to turn a blind eye to YouTube marketing? You can least afford to do so given the immense benefits that YouTube advertising promises.
Summary –In this blog, we discussed some of the benefits of YouTube advertising, reviewed some of the most interesting YouTube stats, and discussed why it is important to consider advertising on YouTube.